Minutes of PTC BMX Parents Association meeting 5/17/08
1. Roll Call: Shayne Robinson, Lou McCard, Teresa Porter, Carol McCard, Nicolle Beamon, Claire Camarata, Leigh Anne Lundy, Karen Allen, Robert Perry, Anthony Robinson.
2. Meeting called to order at 3:50pm
3. No financials to present at this meeting. Reed Bradford absent. See website for details.
4. Claire obtained the track a new sponsor “Jets Pizza” and will start trying to slowly implement recycling into the track in the upcoming weeks.
5. Track Business:
· still need dirt
· back of gate is going to need to be repaired soon and it will be a costly expense
· cylinder on gate was replaced at a cost of $1083
· new plants and 220lb bike rack will be out this week ($571)
· A 4-wheeler has been found for $1800 in PA, working on brining down this summer
· To replace the sound system would be a cost of $3000
· Number plates are available now for $10 with PTC BMX
· no new track business
6. Raffle drawing for SE Bike will be 5/31, along with winner for bring a buddy program. The track will also be hosting a garage swap and sale that day. Rita’s will be there with treats.
7. Colin Stiles 2 day BMX Clinic being held Monday and Tuesday June 2-3rd. There is no age limit. Still looking for extra help Tuesday morning for Shayne’s relief. Pre-registration forms are available.
8. Looking to put together another soldier ride event to raise money for the wounded veterans. Looking at a time frame of late October, early November of this year. 90% of the proceeds would go towards charity. Suggestions are sponsored laps in 30 minutes; board is open to other suggestions.
9. Meeting adjourned at 4:05pm